Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!



CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK and CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP!!!

Spring is in full swing here on the Shawhan farm. The garden is fertilized and will be plowed within a couple of weeks, the lawn mower is running and the sheets are on the line to dry. My lilac bush is blooming and so are all the beautiful trees in the hills of Highland County. The cluckies no longer need a light on in the coop during the day and are cranking out 5 to 8 eggs a day...not a bad recovery. We are very proud.

Today was spent driving around the Amish and Mennonite country side which I live within to celebrate dad's birthday. It is HIS birthday, but he brought up a presant for the chickens. He built them a brand new roost, since I sadly don't think my feed trough will comfortably fit 30 chickens (when Flock 2 is added). I want to save my feed trough and put it in the kennel area. I think the chickens will sit there during the warm days of summer and cold days in the winter when the ground is too cold for their little feet! I hope they do since I still want to save my chicken poo!

In honor of the day, and back by popular demand, it is the Choir of the Cluckies!!!! This performance is different than their last public display and many of the chickes are making a post-humus appearance.

Choir of the Cluckies performing "Happy Birthday":



"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GRANDPA....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!"



                                                                     ...cluck... cluck... chirp... chirp...


No comments:

Post a Comment