Friday, October 5, 2012

Chickens, Chickens Everywhere!


CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK!!!

Sorry I neglected to post yesterday, since it was Thursday and all. I was downright lazy and still in my mini-vacation mode. I went to my brother's house and spent the night, thoroughly enjoying not having any chores to do. It's nice to eat dinner by 6:00 in the evening, be ready for bed by 7:00 and still have a couple of hours to enjoy. Not coming home at 7:00 or 7:30, having a barn full of animals to take care of and still need to shower and make dinner.

Don't get me wrong, I love all my animals, but it IS nice when your only responsibility is playing with your two-year nephew.

Having so much free time in the evening, I did have a slight panic attack. I didn't have anything to read...in case I got the urge to grab some literature. I have several issues of Chickens Magazine here at the house that I need to read and possibly share anything cool I learn on here. I was glad that when I ran to Krogers' I found the above issue on their shelves since it's the newest one out.

My nephew Rory wanted to sit on Pappy's lap and look at the pictures. We all discussed chickens at the dinner table. Ironic, that I drive two hours to "get away" and still talk about, think about and read about chickens. Maybe it's a disease...

Whenever I stay the night somewhere I have get used to not hearing a rooster crow and the "clip clop" of horses hooves as the buggies go by. That I don't have to go outside in the dark to close in chickens for the night and put horses back out in the pasture. But I DO have to put in a phone call in the evenings to whoever is taking care of everyone here back at home to see how many eggs I got that day.

That my friends, never gets old.

                                                                                    ...cluck... cluck... cluck...

2 comments:

  1. So cute. Glad you guys could get together for some family time...and in OCTOBER. That's just crazy talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I try to squeeze things in when I'm lucky enough to get the chance.

    ReplyDelete