Sunday, July 8, 2012

I Peck the Ground

CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK!!!

Well the chickies are HOT but not too hot to get into their usual mischief. I was just outside taking pictures for today's post and feeding the cluckies some frozen peas (you know, to help keep them cool!) and I had an escapee from the kennel. A member of Flock 1 who still remembers the sound of the kennel door opening which signaled freedom to their pea-sized brains.... chickens are not dumb! They remember stuff.

So to honor summer, but not the heat, Chicken Hawk wrote a song to the tune of "I Get Around". He is quite the writer (do pets resemble their owners???) I told him it was appropriate to write to "I Get Around" since The Beach Boys are the boys of summer....but that is not a biased opinion or anything. So here is what he gave me:


"I Peck the Ground"

I peck the ground...
For all the grubs to be found....
I'm a real cool dude....
I crow when I find food....

I'm gettin' bugged running up and down the same old fence,
I got to find some new owners who aren't so dense.
My chickies and me are gettin' real well known,
Yeah, the Beefy Boys know us and they us alone.

I peck the ground...
For all the grubs to be found....
I'm a real cool dude....
I crow when I find food....

I always flap my wings cause they've never been beat,
And I never miss yet with the hens that I meet.
I don't favor one cause it wouldn't be right,
To leave my best girl home now on Saturday night.

I peck the ground...
For all the grubs to be found....
I'm a real cool dude....
I crow when I find food....






Chicken Hawk really is a cool dude (as long as he knows who is boss) and he is "getting around" if you catch my drift. Dan found evidence of that this morning while making breakfast. Nothing like cracking one open to a blood spot!


                                                                                                ...cluck... cluck... cluck...


No comments:

Post a Comment