Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Letter Home

CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK!!!


Dan, myself and the rest of us here on the Shawhan farm have received a letter from Foghorn! (Please don't tell him, but he is not missed. We are very much enjoying the peace and quiet that is not constantly interrupted by incessant crowing! We also think the chickies are enjoying their freedom from wifely duties. We have 9 laying hens and yesterday we got 8 eggs! That is a HUGE number...one we haven't seen in months!)

Foghorn is quickly learning German and I had to translate some of his letter:

My Dearest Familie (family),

This place is INSANE! know what I'm sayin'? It's weird, though...the voedsel (food) tastes the same...maybe I'm trippin' or somethin'. Just wanted to let you all know that me and Chaz is doin' real good, know what I'm sayin'? It's pretty nice all up in here this new crib of ours. We gots plenty of dames (ladies) and we are gettin' along real good with everyone. I gots this dame (lady) who works kinda like my translator and she helps me say all these words in Dutch like my new familie (family) does. I told Chaz though that body language is universal..like they can still understand the language of love even though they can't understand me, know what I'm sayin'?

Well I don't have a lot of time to write...they believe in work at this place, but it's cool. My body is showin' some ab muscles that would put The Situation to shame, know I'm sayin'? Hope you all are doin' good. 

 ......Mom, you taught us to play nice and we are, know what I'm sayin'?...you taught us real good. (That water mark on the paper was from a rain drop, or somethin'...or the wind was blowin' dirt in my eye...it wasn't cause I was cryin', know what I'm sayin'?)

Love,

Foghorn Stutzman

P.S. To any roosters comein' up in the newbies...SCREW UP DUDE and get sent here!!!! It's off the hook with LADIES!



As I said before, Foghorn is not missed.


                                                                             ....cluck... cluck... cluck...

No comments:

Post a Comment