Monday, December 3, 2012

Deck the Coop!

CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK!!!

"Deck the coop with bells and holly,
Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, SQUAWK!
Tis' the season to lay and be jolly,
Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, SQUAWK!"
 
Yes, despite this freaky December weather we are having today of 70 degrees, the chickies are in the Christmas mood. They are in a generous spirit if giving...we had a perfect dozen the other night and they asked that we pass that dozen on to the neighbors.
 
What selfless birds chickens are...
 
They did have one request, however. In my last post I described how I sell my surplus of eggs. The chickens thought it only fair that I take some of their hard earned dough and go buy them some Christmas decorations for the coop. (I have a confession, I already decorated it for fall and Christmas festoons are much more fun), plus I couldn't ignore their pitiful expressions when they mustered up the courage to ask and thought, Well, they can't go themselves to the Dollar Store. I guess I can go for them.
 
I spent exactly $10 on barn decor that I will probably not be able to use for next year. (I'm cheap, but not THAT cheap...) I think the barn looks a little merrier now:
 
 
 
 
I think chickens are an animal that knows when you are doing something nice for them. I also feel like "Happy chickens produce more eggs!"
 
Jimmy and Charlie don't get any decorations on or near their stalls...I wanted to, but I don't trust the decorations wouldn't get eaten. They are so starving after all.
 
Happy decking your own halls this Christmas season!
 
 
                                                                                                       ...cluck... cluck... cluck...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment