Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Need a Hero!



CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK!!!

A big thanks to my rooster Foghorn for taking care of that last post! Things have been crazy busy on the Shawhan farm in preparation for Christmas. He did me a big favor and now I owe him one.

I'm a little worried about Prissy. She has taken her crush on my husband a little too far. Now that the chickies are confined to the steer lot (with Samantha and Kailyn still the exception and escaping) we have Prissy who acts like she doesn't know her way in Every. Single. Night. She stays out in the lot and acts as though she doesn't remember how to get back into the barn and hence the coop. Foghorn calls and calls but she's out there screaming Bonnie Tyler at the top of her lungs!

"I NEED A HERO! I'M HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO 'TIL THE END OF THE NIGHT. HE'S GOTTA BE STRONG AND HE'S GOTTA BE FAST AND HE'S GOTTA BE FRESH FROM THE FIGHT. I NEED A HERO! I'M HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO 'TIL THE MORNING LIGHT. HE'S GOTTA BE SURE AND IT'S GOTTA BE SOON AND HE'S GOTTA BE LARGER THAN LIFE!"

I'm not kidding you! The other day she was wearing a cut off sweater, leggins and a sweatband running in place in some kind of 80's dance. She does this until her hero...MY HUSBAND....climbs over the fence and sweeps her off her feet into his strong embrace. Then he holds her close as he climbs back over the fence and puts her safely in the coop.

Well, I was her hero last night and I think she was mad at me. I tossed her over the fence and by the time I had climbed back over, she was in Charlie's stall, UNDER him mind you, while he ate his dinner. (A freaked out horse and a flat chicken was all I needed. ) Thankfully she came to her senses and ran back out and through the open coop door screaming, "I NEED A HERO!"

If this is going to continue, there's gonna be a chick fight. And I don't mean cute little fuzzy chirpy chicks. I mean nails flashing, feather's flying, beat down, drug out war. As Rachel from Big Brother would say, "Ain't no one gonna come between me and my man!" Besides, I need to focus my energy on other things besides the jealousy caused by a chicken.

Can I blame her though? Dan IS pretty cute....and he DOES have hero qualities.

"I NEED A HERO! I'M HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO 'TIL THE END OF THE NIGHT. HE'S GOTTA BE STRONG AND HE'S GOTTA BE FAST AND HE'S GOTTA BE FRESH FROM THE FIGHT. I NEED A HERO! I'M HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO 'TIL THE MORNING LIGHT. HE'S GOTTA BE SURE AND IT'S GOTTA BE SOON AND HE'S GOTTA BE LARGER THAN LIFE!"

                                                                                     ....cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck.......

No comments:

Post a Comment