Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Last Cluck??

CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK!!!

Once again, I've gone too long in not posting. A few things have happened since the last time I posted...Flock 3 is starting to produce now, so I usually have a few dozen eggs in my fridge. We sent cad-Buddy and Orp down the road to become Amish chickens, so the Shawhan farm is much quieter now with only 2 roosters...though Fumm is mighty enough for several roosters! Sadly, we lost a hen...an Orpington...not sure why. Dan found her dead one evening with no signs of a struggle, so I'm not sure what happened. We also still have escapees everyday, but over the past couple of years I've learned that trying to contain chickens is like trying to contain water in your hand.

I used to be able to throw myself into the dramas that unfold daily outside in the barn, but I feel so out of the loop right now. Mustering the energy to create amusing stories just doesn't seem to happen anymore. Half the time I only log on the computer once a week, if even that, so maybe it's time to stop the Chronicles. I don't want to post crap for the sake on making a post...I feel like it cheats my readers and myself.

Perhaps my priorities have changed? I didn't want the birth of my child to affect this, but I feel like it has, and I'm sorry.

Sorry, sorry, sorry! I guess I haven't completely made up my mind, but I'm sure my absence has spoken for itself.

Maybe I'll keep posting...maybe not.

Thanks so much for all the reads!!!!!!!

Love to all,

The Chicken Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment