Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

 
 
 
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!
 
From all of us here on the Shawhan Farm!
 
 
Just to wanted to wish all the mothers out there a wonderful Mother's Day!  That includes our momma chickens as well, since they squirt out potential "babies" daily...ugh, can you imagine giving birth EVERY DAY!
 
AHHHHH!!!!
 
Maybe animals are stronger than us...
 
With myself fast approaching a "real" motherhood, I hope I can do as good a job as my own mom did raising my brother and I. I have to give her a lot of credit, since she did put up with me for 26 years... and she still continues to do so. Sometimes she even knows me better than I know myself. She never played favorites...I remember staying home from sick and getting attention from her all day long. As soon as my brother got home she would talk to him about his day and give him as much attention as she did to me. She took us to East Fork Lake and the nature center; she sat through I don't know how many dance lessons and track meets...she even humored me once and we tried to do a drive by the house of a guy I had a crush on in high school! She would watch episodes of "My So Called Life" and "Wife Swap" with me every week. We still go on shopping trips. She was always right there when I'd get sick, trying to make me as comfortable as possible; she never lost her cool the day I broke my finger in the window, telling my dad we needed to go to the hospital. (I hope I have her calmness...) She took care of my grandma in the nursing home, going over to visit once or twice a week. She is a strong woman and I hope I can be half as strong as she is. I plan on making a thousand calls to her for questions and advice and I know she'll pick up every single time.
 
Love you mom!!!!
 
Anyhoo, hope everyone has a great day!
 
Love,
 
The Chicken Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment