Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Danimal Egg Sandwich

CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK!!!

Something I want to try and incorporate in my chickie blog this year is egg and chicken recipes. My goal is to try these recipes before sharing them. If anyone has any chicken or egg recipes, PLEASE e-mail them to me at:

rebeccashawhan@yahoo.com.

My first recipe is dedicated to my husband, Dan. Hence I named it, The Danimal Egg Sandwich.

This easy-to-make sandwich is what powers my man through the morning hours, at least 90% of the week. He likes it for breakfast, but it is a fulfilling meal no matter what time of the day you wish to make it.

Dan has a special 4 (or 3) inch skillet whose soul purpose in life is to be used in the making of these sandwiches. A small spatula is also useful since you must flip the egg at some point in the cooking process:


Before breaking the egg(s) in the pan, spray it with cooking spray.

Over medium/medium-high heat, break the egg into the skillet and stir it up. (Dan likes to use either one BIG egg or two SMALL eggs.)


Let the egg cook for a few minutes. Meanwhile go ahead and start your two pieces of toast.

Once the first side of egg has cooked, carefully flip the egg. Here, you'll see why a small spatula works so well. You can tell the egg needs flipped when you check the underside and see that it's done.


Once the second side is done, place on toast. We like to add cheese slices to our sandwiches. Dan will use two, whereas I prefer only one. The finished product is a healthy, filling breakfast, using only cheese, bread and egg.


If you want to add anything else, this simple recipe is like a blank canvas. Sometimes Dan will add slices of ham...it's all in whatever you prefer.

Hope you try The Danimal Egg Sandwich and you enjoy it!


                                                                                                ...cluck... cluck... cluck...

1 comment:

  1. Yum! We used to make these but I kind of forgot about them. I'll have to add them to my menu for next week. Josh would LOVE bacon on his. :)

    ReplyDelete